12. MS-DOS 6.22 is installed on your computer. To restart, press enter.
13. The computer restarts and comes to the C:\ prompt.
14. Insert Disk 4, the supplemental disk which contains the enhanced tools.
15. At the C:\ prompt type A:\setup. This will tell you what extra programs are on the disk, and how to install them into the DOS directory. Enter S to install selected components only, or choose Y or N as each component is listed. The most important program I use is the MS-DOS Shell, which is like a graphical user interface file manager. When prompted for display type, enter F5 for VGA. Follow the rest of the prompts to complete the installation.
16. After the install finishes, try typing “DOSSHELL” at the C:\ prompt. This will bring up the DOS file manager. Here you must navigate using the keyboard. Later we will install a mouse driver for DOS. Navigate to the file, “Gorilla.bas” and press enter. This will bring up the Gorillas game with the exploding bananas.
(If you want to create more disk partitions, you should do it now. Skip to disk partitioning here.)